Gua Sha is what you call a “scraping therapy”. It is kind of treatment used in conventional and traditional medicinal practices which involves in the scraping and the rubbing of the skin. "Gua" means to scraping and rubbing with friction while "Sha" means the reddish elevated patch of the skin. It is a term or phrase used to explain the before and after the blood stagnation is removed.
This type of treatment can be performed using a traditional specialized tool such as board, Shaslide or other Gua Sha tools available.
The Sha bump should naturally fade away in 2-4 days. When the bump is slower to fade then this indicates poor blood circulation. Your practitioner will now ascertain and check whether there is a deficiency of blood, Qi, or a deeper organ deficiency.
Kinds of Scraping Therapy: How does it work?
During your treatment, a special oil is spread on a particular area of your epidermis where the acupuncturist starts rubbing and scraping the area with the tool. The tool used for the treatment is made and designed from jade or horns.
1. Meridian Scraping Therapy
This method combines acupressure with cutaneous scraping
2. Holographic Scraping Therapy
It is a method of scraping points on the body which correspond to organs in the body. This therapy has the special feature of scraping only a small area and taking a short time.
Main benefits and Advantages of this kind of treatment:
1. Promotes and encourages the movement or activity of Qi
2. Improves and increases blood circulation
3. Restore and normalize metabolism
4. Ease serious and mild pain.
5. Promotes and generates new skin cells
More Wellness Circumstances Handled is as follows:
1. Treat common colds
2. Treat cough and excess flem
3. Treat stress and fatigue
4. Treat heat and sun stroke
5. Treat immobility
6. Treat pain and rigidity
7. Treat respiratory ailments
8. Treat digestive disorders
9. Treat bladder and gynecological conditions
10. Reduce fever
11. Treat headaches
15. Blocked Chi
16. Treat insomnia
17. Muscular Tension
18. Relieves muscle stress or muscle injuries
19. Assist in food poisoning
20. Renew complexion
21. Reduced clogged pores
22. Control pimples and acne
23. Reduce fine lines
24. Treat eye bags, puffy eyes, and dark circles
25. Treat memory loss
26. Swollen Throat
27. Tooth Pains
28. Hormonal Imbalances
30. High and low blood pressure
31. Weight loss
By Brian Musial
A Case Study In Acupuncture
Cooling Foods for Hot Summer